Cascade Public Media seeks a junior-level product manager to join our growing team and help define the next generation of our digital products
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Product Definition
- Work with the digital director to build and maintain a digital product roadmap (web, mobile, OTT) which seeks to redefine public media for the digital age
- Research product-market fit and the competitive landscape to ensure we’re building products that delight our users and members
- As a digital and media thought-leader, help our organization to nimbly and creatively capitalize on the latest market and digital trends
- Create product requirements with prioritized features to drive value in short evolutionary delivery cycles
- Write product specifications and define KPIs for features and products
- Ensure our products are economically viable while staying true to our core mission to 'Inspire a Smarter World'
- Help to drive technology build, buy (or borrow from PBS digital) decisions
- Act as our digital privacy expert, keeping track of legal requirements and emerging best practices that ensure we build products that respect and protect our users’ privacy
II. Product Development
- Collect and analyze stakeholder requirements
- Work with product, sponsorship and fundraising teams to identify and act upon and monetization levers
- Work with the design team to wireframe and define products, features and prototypes
- Ensure analytics capabilities are baked into all products
- Write detailed Epics and User Stories, identify edge cases, and work with the product team to roll out features and products in an agile, continuous deployment environment
- Conduct hands-on quality assurance testing and user acceptance testing
- Establish user-testing practice
- Work with the digital director and agile project manager to manage backlog of feature requirements and to communicate our priorities, timelines and big-picture strategy persuasively across teams and stakeholders
- Oversee new product roll-out, creating user documentation, training materials, customer support scripts, etc.
- Manage products and content via Content Management Systems, streaming video software, personalization platforms, etc.
- Continually improve our process and products; never settle for "this is how we've always done things"
- Maintain company and public-facing versions of our product roadmap
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Digital Product Management training preferred
- Minimum one-year experience working in a web or mobile publishing and/or development environment
- Familiarity with agile project management required
- CMS experience required (experience with Drupal a big plus)
- Design, UX, Programming and or Project Management skills/experience a big plus
- Experience building digital products for television, media and/or journalism organizations a huge plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends, holidays as needed
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background
Our Diversity Commitment
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Read our complete diversity commitment statement here.