Cascade Public Media (CPM) leadership and staff are committed to welcoming people to the Crosscut Festival from as many diverse backgrounds as possible and to providing a vibrant and innovative environment. CPM events have a respectful environment for people of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, gender and trans statuses, abilities, sexual orientations, socioeconomic statuses, and beliefs.
We are grateful that our community is positive, friendly, and supportive of one another. In that spirit, CPM staff, volunteers, event speakers, and attendees are expected to:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Remain professional amid impassioned conversations. Disagreements are necessary to consider difficult questions, but they must remain civil.
- Remember that boundaries of good taste, humor, and physical interaction differ from person to person. If you sense someone feels uncomfortable - whether they explicitly state it or not - be respectful of those boundaries.
- Refrain from discriminatory or harassing behavior, including but not limited to:
- sexist, racist, ageist, homophobic, or discriminatory jokes or language
- physical intimidation including stalking or following
- sustained disruption of talks or events
- posting or displaying sexist, racist, ageist, homophobic, discriminatory, sexually explicit or violent material. If for any reason you need this material for a professional purpose, please contact CPM staff first and we can discuss an appropriate warning for participants
- unwelcome sexual attention, including sexualized comments or jokes, inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances
- advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Contact CPM event staff or outside emergency services if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress. To report violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact CPM event staff.
Consent to use of video, audio, and/or photographic images: This event is being photographed and/or recorded. Your participation at this event constitutes an agreement by you that Crosscut and KCTS 9 may use or distribute the recorded material with participant’s or attendee’s image or voice on air, online or in other current or future form of media, in perpetuity.